Baseball, philosophy, video games, snarky anti-Bush rants, and all other various and sundry topics. Not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Trek Comics!

I'm three issues in to the first DC Comics Star Trek comic book series. I recently purchased EVERY Star Trek comic from 1967 to 2002 on one handy DVD.

Damn, Mike W. Barr is a good writer! He really knows the characters inside and out, gives them thoughtful and interesting dialogue, creates interesting subplots with secondary characters, and can build a good epic storyline with a palpable sense of danger and a fairly good dose of sci-fi to boot.

Too bad he didn't write the new movie!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's interesting to see just how permeant virtual memory has become in our lives. It's like everywhere I turn, I see something with a card slot or USB jack, haha. I guess it makes sense though, considering how much more afforable memory has become lately...

Ahhh, who am I to complain. I can't get by a single day without using my R4 / R4i!

(Posted by OperaV2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

10:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)

7:35 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't understand the concluding part of your article, could you please explain it more?

5:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home