Baseball, philosophy, video games, snarky anti-Bush rants, and all other various and sundry topics. Not necessarily in that order.

Friday, April 08, 2005

No school like the old school.

I just bought a Sony PSP. Yes, I'm a dork.

It looks really neat, and the games thus far have been pretty cool. I've got Lumines and Ridge Racer. They're nearly PS2 quality, though not quite. Still, very neat to have in a hand-held.

But it got me thinking - what games would I like to see ported over to the new system?

Wah lah, here they are:

Rez. From the creator of Lumines, Tetsuya Mizugichi. Like Tron on acid, with trippy trance music that changes with your gameplay. A total mind-job. I'd love to zone out on the train playing this (and grooving to the beats).

Speaking of beats, Frequency would be an amazing chill-out game to take with you on a plane.

ICO would be an incredible game to have with you. I don't know how well it would translate away from the big screen, but damn, I just want more ICO. One of my two or three favorite games of the past 5 years.

Gradius V would be an incredible and addictive time waster on a handheld. They just don't make space shooters like this any more. Oh, wait, this came out last year. Well, OK. Treasure still makes them like this. Those wonderful Japanese saints...

Oh, I can't forget Katamari Damacy. The story of a cosmic prince and his junky balls... the graphics would not tax the PSP hardware, and the thought of humming along to the theme song (lyrics: nuh nah.. nah nah nah nah nah nuh.......) makes me happy.

Gaming Dorks of the world, unite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home